Budget a tale of broken promises: Opposition
New Delhi: The Opposition on Thursday voiced disappointment over the Union Budget saying it was in total contrast with the promises made by the BJP before coming to power.
Congress, CPI-M, JD-U and BSP hit out at government for having "no financial clarity" in its vision.
Jugul Kishore (BSP) said this budget had only "partial changes" from those of the previous government.
He said the budget does not make enough allocations for minorites and SC/STs which comprise a large proportion of country`s population.
Hari Bansh Narayan Singh (JD-U) said there is no idelogical clarity and economic philosophy with this government.
Alleging that the promises made by the BJP have not been fulfilled, Singh sought to point out a number of contrasts between the things announced in the BJP`s manifesto and the provisions laid out in the budget.
"The promises made by you in the polls have not been fulfilled," he said.
Quoting BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu`s remarks on the last UPA budget, Singh said the budget of this government can also be best described as one with "broken promises and token allocations".
He also said the budget was "pro-rich and anti-poor".
Singh said this budget is like that of UPA-3 as it is a continuation of the policies of the previous government. He, however, lauded the efforts of opening up toilets in schools across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot