Budget is anti-people: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday slammed the Union Budget as "anti-people" and said it would lead to further price rise hitting the common man.
BJP`s vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, "The Budget will lead to further rise in prices that will hit the common man," as the "failed economic formula of Pranab
Mukherjee has been presented in a new frame".
"Dada`s Budget presented amidst revolt from Didi, will herald the farewell of the UPA government," he said, adding that "instead of leading the nation on the path of reform, it will lead it to indebtedness".
"This Budget will hit the common man with price rise from ground to air," he said.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said, "The Union Budget does not provide any relief to the common man. It betrays the trust of the common man."
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Budget was "anti-people".
Holding that the Budget has "saddened" the people, BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said it "literally causes immense pain to the common man in terms of rise in customs duty, excise duty and widening of the service net.
"It is a status-quo Budget, it is a survival budget. It has no big vision at all for growth. Indian capital is going out," he told reporters.
He said there is no vision in the Budget as to from where investment would be coming to the country. On the contrary, Indian capital is going out and Indian entrepreneurs and businessmen are investing abroad.
"India`s growth story has come a halt and a fiscal deficit of 5.9 percent being sought to be in decrease to 5.1 percent appears to be difficult," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand