Budget Session: Lok Sabha Speaker holds all-party meet
New Delhi: In a bid to ensure a smooth budget session beginning Thursday, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar Wednesday met leaders of political parties.
The government apprehends disruption of the house over issues like the tainted VVIP chopper deal, food prices and the hanging of parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
A long list of legislative business lies ahead for the government in the session, with a total of 55 bills, including financial bills, listed.
There are 16 new bills listed for introduction while 35 which had been introduced earlier are there for consideration and passing. Four new bills are also listed to be passed in this session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Rio Olympics 2016: Amid Zika fears, Eugenie Bouchard confirms she'll play in coveted event
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today
- Michelle Obama endorses Hillary Clinton at Democratic Convention
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala