Budget Session: Lok Sabha Speaker holds all-party meet
New Delhi: In a bid to ensure a smooth budget session beginning Thursday, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar Wednesday met leaders of political parties.
The government apprehends disruption of the house over issues like the tainted VVIP chopper deal, food prices and the hanging of parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
A long list of legislative business lies ahead for the government in the session, with a total of 55 bills, including financial bills, listed.
There are 16 new bills listed for introduction while 35 which had been introduced earlier are there for consideration and passing. Four new bills are also listed to be passed in this session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened