Budget unimaginative, low on substance: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday dubbed Union Budget 2013-14 as unimaginative, dull and low on substance, which has very little for the farmers and the middle class.
Speaking to the press after the presentation of the budget in the Lok Sabha by Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Leader of the Opposition in the house Sushma Swaraj said, “Agriculture and manufacturing should have been the focus, along with decrease in price rise…but everybody is disappointed.”
Pointing to the Finance Minister’s assertion that women, youth and poor were the three faces that he focused upon, Swaraj claimed that they have not been given anything.
“They have given a cosmetic all-women bank, no new scheme to generate jobs and not even anything for the poor. The Direct Cash Transfer is only what had already been given. The Finance Minister did not see the face of the farmer nor of the aam admi, who voted the government to power,” she said.
“It is an unimaginative, dull budget. Everybody expected the budget – as it comes before the next elections – to bring to hope to the nation but we all are very much disappointed. Aam admi has not been named even once in the budget,” she added.
Her counterpart in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley claimed that the Finance Minister only indulged in jugglery by marginally increasing taxes in certain categories and substantially reducing expenditure.
“The budget is verbose but low on substance,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark