Budget unimaginative, low on substance: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday dubbed Union Budget 2013-14 as unimaginative, dull and low on substance, which has very little for the farmers and the middle class.
Speaking to the press after the presentation of the budget in the Lok Sabha by Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Leader of the Opposition in the house Sushma Swaraj said, “Agriculture and manufacturing should have been the focus, along with decrease in price rise…but everybody is disappointed.”
Pointing to the Finance Minister’s assertion that women, youth and poor were the three faces that he focused upon, Swaraj claimed that they have not been given anything.
“They have given a cosmetic all-women bank, no new scheme to generate jobs and not even anything for the poor. The Direct Cash Transfer is only what had already been given. The Finance Minister did not see the face of the farmer nor of the aam admi, who voted the government to power,” she said.
“It is an unimaginative, dull budget. Everybody expected the budget – as it comes before the next elections – to bring to hope to the nation but we all are very much disappointed. Aam admi has not been named even once in the budget,” she added.
Her counterpart in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley claimed that the Finance Minister only indulged in jugglery by marginally increasing taxes in certain categories and substantially reducing expenditure.
“The budget is verbose but low on substance,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands