‘Budget will stimulate growth of agri, rural sector`
Mumbai: The Union budget would provide
stimulus to agriculture and encourage rural development,
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Friday.
"Raising the provision for agri sector by Rs one lakh
crore would help improve the condition of farm sector in the
country. Use of Kisan Card at ATM centre would make several
facilities available to farmers," he said reacting to the
The provision of Rs 300 crore for irrigation for
Vidarbha and Rs 70 crore for powerloom cluster at Ichalkaranji
in Maharashtra is a welcome step, Chavan said.
He also lauded the announcement of providing Rs 10,000
crore to Nabard for making finance available to rural banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17