Bugging issue bogus, matter should be closed: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Thursday insisted that there was no bugging of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s office, saying the whole thing is "bogus" and the matter should be closed now.
"I had myself talked to the Finance Minister last
evening on this matter. There is nothing to take forward. The
Finance Minister has categorically and emphatically stated (to
the media) that it has been investigated and the answer is
there has been no bugging," Minister of Information and
Broadcasting Ambika Soni told reporters here.
Mukherjee had maintained that the Intelligence Bureau
had not found any evidence of bugging and the substance found
in 16 key places in the Finance Minister`s office was "chewing
"The Finance Minister has said the whole thing is bogus
and we should close the matter. Kindly don`t spend more time
and energy on this futile exercise," Soni said.
There were reports that the alleged bugging could have
been done by the one of the rival ministries of the
government. This had led the opposition to charge that there
is a trust deficit in the government.
Asked about the trust deficit, Soni said, "The question
does not arise."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers