‘Bugging’ of FM`s office needs probe: Digvijay
New Delhi: Surprised over the alleged bugging of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s office, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said the
matter needs to be inquired into.
"I was literally surprised that Finance Minister`s office may be tapped, may be bugged. This is something which is unheard of and I think the Government should take a sort of view on this and should inquire into who is responsible", he
told a TV channel.
He was asked whether he was "appalled" to read about the suspected tapping of the Finance Minister`s office in the backdrop of indications that `all is not well` inside the Congress and the UPA.
Asked whether the issue was a shame on the government, he remarked, "Until and unless you know who has done it, how can you sort of say anything like that."
"Naturally, yes", he responded when asked whether the issue needed to be investigated.
Congress spokespersons have so far been maintaining that the Opposition was making a mountain out of a molehill by turning the matter into a political row.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory