‘Bugging’ of FM`s office needs probe: Digvijay
New Delhi: Surprised over the alleged bugging of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s office, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said the
matter needs to be inquired into.
"I was literally surprised that Finance Minister`s office may be tapped, may be bugged. This is something which is unheard of and I think the Government should take a sort of view on this and should inquire into who is responsible", he
told a TV channel.
He was asked whether he was "appalled" to read about the suspected tapping of the Finance Minister`s office in the backdrop of indications that `all is not well` inside the Congress and the UPA.
Asked whether the issue was a shame on the government, he remarked, "Until and unless you know who has done it, how can you sort of say anything like that."
"Naturally, yes", he responded when asked whether the issue needed to be investigated.
Congress spokespersons have so far been maintaining that the Opposition was making a mountain out of a molehill by turning the matter into a political row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video