Build capabilities for cyber space: IAF chief to commanders
New Delhi: The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, emphasised on the modernisation process oh the Air Force that would include preserving, maintaining, upgrading and improving the current assets as well as processing the cases for acquisitions and replacements on a fast track.
Addressing the Air Force Commanders’ Conference, Air Chief Marshal Naik said the Indian Air Force has made rapid strides towards attaining net centricity and has to be capable of dominating the entire spectrum of information, cyberspace and air space.
He emphasised that the IAF besides continuing to air maintain troops and delivering more than 37,000 tons annually should continue to sharpen its core competencies to interface with the other services to generate the requisite capabilities.
The IAF Commanders’ Conference began at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhavan) in New Delhi today.
The IAF chief brought forth his vision of the Indian Air Force in view of the enhanced capabilities being acquired and a three-pronged approach towards the modernization process of the IAF.
The Commanders’ Conference would see the Air Officers Commanding-in-Chief of the IAF Commands carry out a data based review.
The top brass of the Indian Air Force comprising Air Officers Commanding-in-Chief of IAF Commands and the Principal Staff Officers of Air Headquarters are attending the conference.
During the Commanders’ Conference the operational challenges before the IAF will also be discussed.
Apart from this Flight Safety, Maintenance, Administrative and Logistical issues, which impinge upon the operational effectiveness of Air Force, would also taken up for discussions. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath