Build capabilities for cyber space: IAF chief to commanders
New Delhi: The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, emphasised on the modernisation process oh the Air Force that would include preserving, maintaining, upgrading and improving the current assets as well as processing the cases for acquisitions and replacements on a fast track.
Addressing the Air Force Commanders’ Conference, Air Chief Marshal Naik said the Indian Air Force has made rapid strides towards attaining net centricity and has to be capable of dominating the entire spectrum of information, cyberspace and air space.
He emphasised that the IAF besides continuing to air maintain troops and delivering more than 37,000 tons annually should continue to sharpen its core competencies to interface with the other services to generate the requisite capabilities.
The IAF Commanders’ Conference began at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhavan) in New Delhi today.
The IAF chief brought forth his vision of the Indian Air Force in view of the enhanced capabilities being acquired and a three-pronged approach towards the modernization process of the IAF.
The Commanders’ Conference would see the Air Officers Commanding-in-Chief of the IAF Commands carry out a data based review.
The top brass of the Indian Air Force comprising Air Officers Commanding-in-Chief of IAF Commands and the Principal Staff Officers of Air Headquarters are attending the conference.
During the Commanders’ Conference the operational challenges before the IAF will also be discussed.
Apart from this Flight Safety, Maintenance, Administrative and Logistical issues, which impinge upon the operational effectiveness of Air Force, would also taken up for discussions. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH