Build capabilities for cyber space: IAF chief to commanders
New Delhi: The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik, emphasised on the modernisation process oh the Air Force that would include preserving, maintaining, upgrading and improving the current assets as well as processing the cases for acquisitions and replacements on a fast track.
Addressing the Air Force Commanders’ Conference, Air Chief Marshal Naik said the Indian Air Force has made rapid strides towards attaining net centricity and has to be capable of dominating the entire spectrum of information, cyberspace and air space.
He emphasised that the IAF besides continuing to air maintain troops and delivering more than 37,000 tons annually should continue to sharpen its core competencies to interface with the other services to generate the requisite capabilities.
The IAF Commanders’ Conference began at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhavan) in New Delhi today.
The IAF chief brought forth his vision of the Indian Air Force in view of the enhanced capabilities being acquired and a three-pronged approach towards the modernization process of the IAF.
The Commanders’ Conference would see the Air Officers Commanding-in-Chief of the IAF Commands carry out a data based review.
The top brass of the Indian Air Force comprising Air Officers Commanding-in-Chief of IAF Commands and the Principal Staff Officers of Air Headquarters are attending the conference.
During the Commanders’ Conference the operational challenges before the IAF will also be discussed.
Apart from this Flight Safety, Maintenance, Administrative and Logistical issues, which impinge upon the operational effectiveness of Air Force, would also taken up for discussions. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional