Build consensus for Ram temple: Joshi
Varanasi: Indicted by the Liberhan Commission on Ayodhya demolition, senior BJP leader and local MP Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said a consensus should be built on construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya.
"It is the ripe time that people of all the religions, classes, parties, regions and sects come together and create a consensus on the issue of building a grand Ram temple at the birth place of lord Ram in Ayodhya," Joshi demanded here in a press conference.
He said, "It is the duty of the government and all concerned to build a consensus on the issue immediately so that the construction of Ram temple is facilitated.
Joshi however refused to comment on whether the day
of demolition of Babri Mosque at Ayodhya was a "day of victory
for Hindus", as commented by the VHP leaders and others but
asserted that "It was neither a black day".
He rejected the proposition of building a temple and a mosque together at the disputed site as, "it may create a permanent problem as the system of worship in Hinduism and
Islam is entirely different".
On why Ram temple was kept out of the BJP`s agenda
during the NDA rule at the Centre, Joshi said, "BJP has always
kept the Ram temple at Ayodhya as one of its central agendas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj