Build consensus for Ram temple: Joshi
Varanasi: Indicted by the Liberhan
Commission on Ayodhya demolition, senior BJP leader and local
MP Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said a consensus should be built
on construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya.
"It is the ripe time that people of all the
religions, classes, parties, regions and sects come together
and create a consensus on the issue of building a grand Ram
temple at the birth place of lord Ram in Ayodhya," Joshi
demanded here in a press conference.
He said, "it is the duty of the government and
all concerned to build a consensus on the issue immediately so
that the construction of Ram temple is facilitated.
Joshi however refused to comment on whether the day
of demolition of Babri Mosque at Ayodhya was a "day of victory
for Hindus", as commented by the VHP leaders and others but
asserted that "It was neither a black day".
He rejected the proposition of building a temple and
a mosque together at the disputed site as, "it may create a
permanent problem as the system of worship in Hinduism and
Islam is entirely different".
On why Ram temple was kept out of the BJP`s agenda
during the NDA rule at the Centre, Joshi said, "BJP has always
kept the Ram temple at Ayodhya as one of its central agendas.
"We never left this agenda as it is the question of
"I have no doubt whatsoever that a grand Ram temple
shall be built at the birth place of lord Ram," Joshi said.
He said now many Muslim leaders have also "changed"
their mentality and they have started opposing `fatwas` like
the one about singing `Vande Mataram`.
"So, it can not be ruled out that the Muslim
fraternity will come out in support of the construction of the
Ram temple," he added.
Rejecting the Liberhan commission report on Ayodhya
demolition, Joshi said, "the seriousness of the report could
be assessed only on the fact that it has also indicted the
former Prime Minister Guljari Lal Nanda and the saint Devrahva
He said the Liberhan commission has studied the Ram
temple problem taking 1947 as the base year while the dispute
is going on for several centuries.
Talking about the indictment of former Prime Minister
Atal Bihari Vajpayee, he said, "it is known to all that
Vajpayee was with the saint`s resolution to built a Ram temple
at the disputed site".
However, it is also a fact that Vajpayee was not
present at Ayodhya on the day of demolition of the disputed
structure, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?