Bukhari`s appeal to vote for Cong his personal opinion: Ramesh
Ranchi: Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday described Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari`s appeal to Muslims to support Congress as his "personal" opinion and said the electoral battle was between RSS and Congress.
"I have been saying it is a battle between the RSS and the Congress. Polarisation was their agenda and Muzaffarnagar riots happened as part of the agenda," Ramesh said in his reaction to a media query on a statement made by Shah.
"Gujarat BJP leader Amit Shah has been sent to Uttar Pradesh and now Narendra Modi has become BJP`s candidate from Varanasi," the Union Rural Development Minister added.
Asked on AICC President Sonia Gandhi`s reported meeting with Bukhari, the minister said it was not the first time and that he also met RJD and Trinamool Congress leaders.
Ramesh, who yesterday said in Gumla that the BJP was a "one-man-centric" party with its focus being on its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, today sought to prove his allegations.
"In a recent meeting, Rajnath Singh asked to vote for BJP and spoke for another 33 minutes before he amended his appeal and asked to vote for Narendra Modi," Ramesh claimed before the press conference here.
"Now the BJP is depicting Atal Bihari Vajpayee, which shows some uncertainties with the party. They have not yet released their manifesto, with two days remaining for the first phase of polls," Ramesh said.
Commenting on a London-based magazine`s comments on Modi, Ramesh said had the magazine praised Modi, BJP would have "bragged" instead of being "fumed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued