Bunker fire kills two Army officers in Siachen
Srinagar: Two Army officers were charred to death and four others were injured when their bunker caught fire in Siachen area, official sources said on Friday.
The officers, both Lieutenants, died when the fibreglass bunker they were staying in caught fire late last night, the sources said.
Four jawans, who tried to rescue the officers, sustained burn injuries on their hands.
A Srinagar-based defence spokesman said details of the incident are being collected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai