Bunker fire kills two Army officers in Siachen
Srinagar: Two Army officers were charred to death and four others were injured when their bunker caught fire in Siachen area, official sources said on Friday.
The officers, both Lieutenants, died when the fibreglass bunker they were staying in caught fire late last night, the sources said.
Four jawans, who tried to rescue the officers, sustained burn injuries on their hands.
A Srinagar-based defence spokesman said details of the incident are being collected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra