Bureaucrats need to adopt humanitarian approach: Vice Prez
Kannur (Ker): If bureaucrats carry out their
responsibilities with a humanitarian approach and dedication,
they could significantly help in all-round progress of the
country, Vice President M Hamid Ansari said here on Saturday.
"There are vital areas where civil servants can
contribute more effectively than politicians since they are
better equipped to work out details of projects... They should
carry out their responsibilities with a humanitarian approach
and dedication," Ansari said after presenting the A K Nair
memorial award to T K A Nair, Principal Secretary to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh.
Civil servants could also play an important role in
co-ordination between states and the Centre to ensure
materialisation of major projects, he said.
Lauding Nair`s services, Ansari said he has made valuable
contributions in ensuring materialisation of major schemes in
Kerala like Vallarpadam Container project and Sabarimala
The award was instituted in memory of A K Nair, a leading
entrepreneur from north Kerala, who was instrumental in
finding world markets for the handloom textile of Malabar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred