Bus ride for Congress leaders to Surajkund
New Delhi: It will be a bus ride to nearby Surajkund in Haryana for the Union ministers and top Congress leaders from here on Thursday to attend the party`s strategy session there.
In an apparent move to give a signal of austerity to the `aam admi`, all Union ministers and top leaders barring Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party chief Sonia Gandhi will travel minus the usual fanfare and without beacon lights.
The brainstorming session comes at a time when the party and the government are facing tough challenges on political and economic fronts.
The day-long "dialogue session" on Friday is likely to chalk out the strategy ahead. It may also take a view on the issue of alliances in different states.
The Congress has utilised bus rides by local leaders to project a picture of unity and to connect with the common man during state elections in past.
Party sources said that the dialogue meeting (Samvad Baithak) will virtually set the agenda for the larger brainstorming at Chintan Shivir, which is likely to be organised in January next year.
The dialogue session comes after the public meeting here on November 4, which saw Sonia and Rahul strongly backing the economic reform measures initiated by Prime Minister Singh.
The session will discuss three topics - present political situation, economic challenges and status of implementation of 2009 party manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'