Businessman who made hoax call to catch train lands in jail
Hyderabad: A businessman, who made a hoax
call claiming that a bomb has been planted in the
Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Garibrath Express train to ensure
that he catches the train, landed in jail here.
V Arun Kumar Reddy (24) who needed to travel to
Visakhapatnam but was not sure of catching the train, rang up
the police control room from his mobile phone on the night of
June 2 stating that a bomb was planted in the Garibrath train,
South Central Railway (SCR) authorities said today.
Reddy, who was unable to reach Secunderabad station in
time due to traffic jam, made a hoax call at 8.15 pm with the
intention to halt the train at Secunderabad railway station,
but by the time he reached railway station the train had left,
an SCR official said.
The train which had left Secunderabad station by the
time information was received, was stopped at Bibinagar
railway station by 8.40 pm, he said.
Railway authorities who undertook extensive search of the
train with the help of police Bomb Disposal Squads from
Hyderabad and Nalgonda and RPF sniffer dog squad, found
nothing suspicious in the train and let it go at 11.45 pm,
three hours behind its schedule, the SCR official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- French Finance Min: France, Germany agree Britain should start process to leave EU quickly
- Syria attack so far leaves 25 children dead: UNICEF
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case