Businessman who made hoax call to catch train lands in jail
Hyderabad: A businessman, who made a hoax
call claiming that a bomb has been planted in the
Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Garibrath Express train to ensure
that he catches the train, landed in jail here.
V Arun Kumar Reddy (24) who needed to travel to
Visakhapatnam but was not sure of catching the train, rang up
the police control room from his mobile phone on the night of
June 2 stating that a bomb was planted in the Garibrath train,
South Central Railway (SCR) authorities said today.
Reddy, who was unable to reach Secunderabad station in
time due to traffic jam, made a hoax call at 8.15 pm with the
intention to halt the train at Secunderabad railway station,
but by the time he reached railway station the train had left,
an SCR official said.
The train which had left Secunderabad station by the
time information was received, was stopped at Bibinagar
railway station by 8.40 pm, he said.
Railway authorities who undertook extensive search of the
train with the help of police Bomb Disposal Squads from
Hyderabad and Nalgonda and RPF sniffer dog squad, found
nothing suspicious in the train and let it go at 11.45 pm,
three hours behind its schedule, the SCR official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!