Buta Singh to be questioned by CBI
Mumbai: CBI will soon record the statement
of Buta Singh, chairman of the All India Commission for
Schedule Castes, in connection with the corruption case
against his son.
"We have to question Buta Singh by August 24. His
statement will be recorded as a witness and not as an
accused," CBI Joint Director (West Zone) Rishiraj Singh said
Buta`s son Sarobjit Singh was arrested by the agency on
July 31 for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs three crore from
Nasik-based contractor Ramrao Patil as payments "to exercise
influence on public servants" so as to avoid registering a
case and referring it to the probe agency.
Though it was not immediately clear where Buta Singh`s
would be questioned, sources said it may take place in Delhi.
Buta Singh had earlier said in Delhi that the "latest
attack (by CBI) is an attempt to kill my whole political life
and my political future."
Patil had allegedly taken a loan of around Rs 10 crore
from a cooperative society on behalf of over 100 persons
from the Dalit community. He allegedly pocketed the money
following which a case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya