Buta Singh to be questioned by CBI
Mumbai: CBI will soon record the statement
of Buta Singh, chairman of the All India Commission for
Schedule Castes, in connection with the corruption case
against his son.
"We have to question Buta Singh by August 24. His
statement will be recorded as a witness and not as an
accused," CBI Joint Director (West Zone) Rishiraj Singh said
Buta`s son Sarobjit Singh was arrested by the agency on
July 31 for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs three crore from
Nasik-based contractor Ramrao Patil as payments "to exercise
influence on public servants" so as to avoid registering a
case and referring it to the probe agency.
Though it was not immediately clear where Buta Singh`s
would be questioned, sources said it may take place in Delhi.
Buta Singh had earlier said in Delhi that the "latest
attack (by CBI) is an attempt to kill my whole political life
and my political future."
Patil had allegedly taken a loan of around Rs 10 crore
from a cooperative society on behalf of over 100 persons
from the Dalit community. He allegedly pocketed the money
following which a case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!