By 2013, Delhi Metro to reach Faridabad
Chandigarh: Decks have been cleared for
extension of the Delhi Metro to Faridabad.
The Haryana government Monday approved state`s share of
Rs 1,588.60 crore for fully elevated Metro link to the city.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting,
presided over by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, here,
an official spokesman said.
The estimated cost of the project is Rs 2,533 crore and
out of this, the Centre will shell out Rs 544.40 crore, the
meeting was told.
The project is slated to start in October this year
and will be completed by March 31, 2013.
The 13.87-km long line, an extension of the Central
Secretariat-Badarpur route, will have nine stations up to
YMCA Chowk in Faridabad, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested