By 2013, Delhi Metro to reach Faridabad
Chandigarh: Decks have been cleared for
extension of the Delhi Metro to Faridabad.
The Haryana government Monday approved state`s share of
Rs 1,588.60 crore for fully elevated Metro link to the city.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting,
presided over by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, here,
an official spokesman said.
The estimated cost of the project is Rs 2,533 crore and
out of this, the Centre will shell out Rs 544.40 crore, the
meeting was told.
The project is slated to start in October this year
and will be completed by March 31, 2013.
The 13.87-km long line, an extension of the Central
Secretariat-Badarpur route, will have nine stations up to
YMCA Chowk in Faridabad, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’