By-election results encouraging ahead of Maharashtra polls: Rane
Mumbai: Senior Congress leader and Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane on Tuesday said the Assembly by-poll results in four states were a morale booster for the party, and the cadres should face the coming state elections positively.
"The campaign has to be coordinated and there should be no room for complacency. We have to win," Rane said at meeting of the co-ordination committee of the party where district Congress chiefs and heads of frontal organisations were present.
Rane, who is the campaign committee chairman for state elections, reviewed preparations for September 1 meeting at Hutatma Chowk in south Mumbai where Congress will launch its election campaign by lighting a torch at the martyrs memorial.
He said that campaign committees would be set up at the district as well as the constituency level.
The meeting of co-ordination committee, chaired by Ashok Chavan, was held at Varsha, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan's official bungalow. "The meeting took stock of the election preparations," sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray