By-election results encouraging ahead of Maharashtra polls: Rane
Mumbai: Senior Congress leader and Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane on Tuesday said the Assembly by-poll results in four states were a morale booster for the party, and the cadres should face the coming state elections positively.
"The campaign has to be coordinated and there should be no room for complacency. We have to win," Rane said at meeting of the co-ordination committee of the party where district Congress chiefs and heads of frontal organisations were present.
Rane, who is the campaign committee chairman for state elections, reviewed preparations for September 1 meeting at Hutatma Chowk in south Mumbai where Congress will launch its election campaign by lighting a torch at the martyrs memorial.
He said that campaign committees would be set up at the district as well as the constituency level.
The meeting of co-ordination committee, chaired by Ashok Chavan, was held at Varsha, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan's official bungalow. "The meeting took stock of the election preparations," sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP