By-poll results show people want TC-Cong alliance in WB
Kolkata: The results of the 10 assembly
by-elections in West Bengal once again proved that the people
wanted the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance and the ruling
Left Front was losing popularity, Union Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee said here on Wednesday.
"The anti-Left alliance led by Trinamool Congress was
successful in the last Lok Sabha election, by-election and
municipal poll. This election again proved that the CPI(M)-led
LF is losing popularity and the people want the TC-Congress
alliance," he said.
Asked whether he felt that Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee should advance the assembly elections in the
state, due in 2011, Mukherjee replied, "I`m not the chief
minister. What he does will depend on his own decision."
Mukherjee, the WBPCC president, was talking to
reporters at the Congress office after launch of the party`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!