By-poll results show people want TC-Cong alliance in WB
Kolkata: The results of the 10 assembly
by-elections in West Bengal once again proved that the people
wanted the Trinamool Congress-Congress alliance and the ruling
Left Front was losing popularity, Union Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee said here on Wednesday.
"The anti-Left alliance led by Trinamool Congress was
successful in the last Lok Sabha election, by-election and
municipal poll. This election again proved that the CPI(M)-led
LF is losing popularity and the people want the TC-Congress
alliance," he said.
Asked whether he felt that Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee should advance the assembly elections in the
state, due in 2011, Mukherjee replied, "I`m not the chief
minister. What he does will depend on his own decision."
Mukherjee, the WBPCC president, was talking to
reporters at the Congress office after launch of the party`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'