By-polls necessitated as MLAs quit to contest LS polls
New Delhi: The resignation of MLAs seeking to try their luck in Lok Sabha elections has necessitated by-poll in three Bihar and one Himachal Pradesh assembly constituencies.
Election Commission said here that by-poll to Sujanpur (Himachal Pradesh) and Chiraia, Kochadhaman and Baisi (Bihar) Assembly seats will be held simultaneously along with Lok Sabha elections.
Assembly by-poll to Chiraia (Bihar) and Sujanpur (HP) will be held on May 7. The notification for these seats will be issued on April 12, while April 19 will be the last date for filing nominations.
After scrutiny on April 21, candidates can withdraw from contest by April 23.
Sujanpur seat fell vacant after Independent MLA Rajinder Rana resigned to contest against BJP`s Anurag Thakur in the LS polls.
The Chiraia seat fell vacant as Awneesh Kumar Singh left BJP and joined the JD(U). He too is contesting Lok Sabha election.
By-poll to the Kochadhaman and Baisi assembly seats will be held on April 24. While notification will be issued on March 29, April 5 will be the last date of filing nominations. After scrutiny on April 7, candidates can withdraw their papers till April 9.
Kochadhaman seat fell vacant after RJD MLA Ashr-ul-Haq joined JD(U) to contest LS polls from Kishenganj. BJP`s sitting MLA from Baisi Santosh Kumar joined JD(U) to contest the LS polls following which the seat was declared vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31