By-polls necessitated as MLAs quit to contest LS polls
New Delhi: The resignation of MLAs seeking to try their luck in Lok Sabha elections has necessitated by-poll in three Bihar and one Himachal Pradesh assembly constituencies.
Election Commission said here that by-poll to Sujanpur (Himachal Pradesh) and Chiraia, Kochadhaman and Baisi (Bihar) Assembly seats will be held simultaneously along with Lok Sabha elections.
Assembly by-poll to Chiraia (Bihar) and Sujanpur (HP) will be held on May 7. The notification for these seats will be issued on April 12, while April 19 will be the last date for filing nominations.
After scrutiny on April 21, candidates can withdraw from contest by April 23.
Sujanpur seat fell vacant after Independent MLA Rajinder Rana resigned to contest against BJP`s Anurag Thakur in the LS polls.
The Chiraia seat fell vacant as Awneesh Kumar Singh left BJP and joined the JD(U). He too is contesting Lok Sabha election.
By-poll to the Kochadhaman and Baisi assembly seats will be held on April 24. While notification will be issued on March 29, April 5 will be the last date of filing nominations. After scrutiny on April 7, candidates can withdraw their papers till April 9.
Kochadhaman seat fell vacant after RJD MLA Ashr-ul-Haq joined JD(U) to contest LS polls from Kishenganj. BJP`s sitting MLA from Baisi Santosh Kumar joined JD(U) to contest the LS polls following which the seat was declared vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!