Bye-election to 4 Assembly seats in 4 states on Jan 20
New Delhi: Bye-elections to four Assembly
constituencies, one each in Gujarat, Haryana, Mahrashtra and
Tamil Nadu, would be held on January 20, the Election
Commission announced Tuesday.
Elections would be held for Chotila (Gujarat), Ellenabad
(Haryana), Bhiwandi East (Maharashtra) and Pennagaram (Tamil
According to the poll schedule, the notification would be
issued on December 26 and the last date for filing nominations
would be on January 2. While scrutiny would take place on
January four, withdrawal of nominations would be on
January 6, the EC said.
Counting of votes would be held on January 23.
The polling would be held through Electronic Voting
Machines (EVMs) and the model of conduct of conduct came into
force with immediate effect in the districts in which the
assembly constituency falls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel