Cabinet approves 35 National Advisory Council posts
New Delhi: The cabinet Thursday approved the creation of 35 posts for the National Advisory Council (NAC) that is headed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and serves as the watchdog of the government`s performance.
"The posts include one secretary and one additional secretary or joint secretary," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters after a cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The cabinet also approved annual expenditure of Rs.33 lakh on the NAC, the amount being drawn from the funds allocated in the budget for the Prime Minister`s Office, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state