Cabinet approves 35 National Advisory Council posts
New Delhi: The cabinet Thursday approved the creation of 35 posts for the National Advisory Council (NAC) that is headed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and serves as the watchdog of the government`s performance.
"The posts include one secretary and one additional secretary or joint secretary," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters after a cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The cabinet also approved annual expenditure of Rs.33 lakh on the NAC, the amount being drawn from the funds allocated in the budget for the Prime Minister`s Office, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown