Cabinet approves 35 National Advisory Council posts
New Delhi: The cabinet Thursday approved the creation of 35 posts for the National Advisory Council (NAC) that is headed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and serves as the watchdog of the government`s performance.
"The posts include one secretary and one additional secretary or joint secretary," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters after a cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The cabinet also approved annual expenditure of Rs.33 lakh on the NAC, the amount being drawn from the funds allocated in the budget for the Prime Minister`s Office, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!