Cabinet approves MoU with Scotland on renewable energy
New Delhi: The union cabinet Thursday gave its approval to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Scotland in the areas of new and renewable energy.
At the meeting chaired Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the cabinet gave its nod to the MoU signed in October 2009 between India`s ministry of new and renewable energy and Scotland`s ministry of culture, external affairs and the constitution, said a press statement.
Bilateral cooperation between India and Scotland in the area of renewable energy would be implemented through exchange and training of scientific and technical personnel, transfer of technology and development research in specific fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding