Cabinet approves MoU with Scotland on renewable energy
New Delhi: The union cabinet Thursday gave its approval to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Scotland in the areas of new and renewable energy.
At the meeting chaired Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the cabinet gave its nod to the MoU signed in October 2009 between India`s ministry of new and renewable energy and Scotland`s ministry of culture, external affairs and the constitution, said a press statement.
Bilateral cooperation between India and Scotland in the area of renewable energy would be implemented through exchange and training of scientific and technical personnel, transfer of technology and development research in specific fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars