Cabinet approves MoU with Scotland on renewable energy
New Delhi: The union cabinet Thursday gave its approval to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Scotland in the areas of new and renewable energy.
At the meeting chaired Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the cabinet gave its nod to the MoU signed in October 2009 between India`s ministry of new and renewable energy and Scotland`s ministry of culture, external affairs and the constitution, said a press statement.
Bilateral cooperation between India and Scotland in the area of renewable energy would be implemented through exchange and training of scientific and technical personnel, transfer of technology and development research in specific fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO