Cabinet approves new code of conduct for ministers
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet has approved revision of the Code of Conduct for Ministers in the Government of India as well as the State Governments.
It is now proposed to include a new para in the Code of Conduct which will read as follows: "2. After taking office, and so long as he/he remains in office, the Minister shall:- (f) uphold the political impartiality of the civil services and not ask the civil servants to act in any way which would conflict with the duties and responsibilities of the civil servants."
The revised Code of Conduct for Ministers will become effective immediately from the date of issue with regard to the Ministers of the Union Government.
As regards the Ministers of State Governments and the Union Territory Administrations, the revised Code will be forwarded to the Chief Ministers for adoption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday