Cabinet clears Gandhi Heritage Sites Mission
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the establishment of the Gandhi Heritage Sites Mission to fulfill the objective of conserving and restoring the heritage sites associated with the Father of the Nation.
The mission would be entrusted with the identification, collation and assessment of information on `Gandhi Heritage` material for its management and deployment, an official statement issued here said.
The mission`s task would also include the determination of conservation methodology and priorities for documents and objects, particularly from the point of view of archival storage and museology and for physical structures and sites, as also guidelines for their subsequent maintenance.
The dissemination of information based on relevant material for identification, collation and assessment and conservation would be through a web-based portal, publication`s, audio/visual (CDs, digital prints, etc.) and communication through core sites while specifying, where necessary, function and use and the significance of the site, the statement said.
The mission will aim at preserving for posterity 39 core sites as well as 2,000 other important sites earlier identified by the panel under the chairmanship of Gopalkrishna Gandhi, former Governor of West Bengal, the government said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'