Cabinet clears Gandhi Heritage Sites Mission
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the establishment of the Gandhi Heritage Sites Mission to fulfill the objective of conserving and restoring the heritage sites associated with the Father of the Nation.
The mission would be entrusted with the identification, collation and assessment of information on `Gandhi Heritage` material for its management and deployment, an official statement issued here said.
The mission`s task would also include the determination of conservation methodology and priorities for documents and objects, particularly from the point of view of archival storage and museology and for physical structures and sites, as also guidelines for their subsequent maintenance.
The dissemination of information based on relevant material for identification, collation and assessment and conservation would be through a web-based portal, publication`s, audio/visual (CDs, digital prints, etc.) and communication through core sites while specifying, where necessary, function and use and the significance of the site, the statement said.
The mission will aim at preserving for posterity 39 core sites as well as 2,000 other important sites earlier identified by the panel under the chairmanship of Gopalkrishna Gandhi, former Governor of West Bengal, the government said.
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’