Cabinet meeting soon will be held in Tihar: Advani
Umaria: Alleging that the Congress-led
UPA government was neck deep in corruption, senior BJP leader LK Advani on Friday claimed the day was not far when the government
would have to call its Cabinet meeting in Tihar Jail.
"It is really unfortunate for Indian democracy that the
UPA ministers, neck deep in corruption, are going to jail. It
appears that the sad day is not far when the UPA government
would have to convene its Cabinet meeting in Tihar jail," he
said addressing the Jan Chetna Yatra in Umaria district.
Advani was referring to the series of arrests --
including that of former Union Telecom Minister A Raja, DMK MP
Kanimozhi, and senior Congress leader Suresh Kalmadi -- in
connection with the 2G and CWG scams.
Advani said the action taken against the leaders was not
due to the good-intentions of the UPA government, but because
of the intervention of the Supreme Court.
The octogenarian leader alleged that the Centre was not
doing anything on the issue of corruption and black money and
was also responsible for high inflation in the country.
If the black money stashed away in foreign banks is
brought back, then using it basic facilities like pure
drinking water, electricity, schools, hospitals, fertilizers,
seeds and roads can be provided in six lakh villages of the
country, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!