Cabinet nod for continuation of JNNURM till March 2014
New Delhi: The government on Thursday decided on continuing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) to sanction new projects till March next year.
The decision was taken by the Union Cabinet at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The new projects and capacity building activities will be under Urban Infrastructure and Governance (UIG) and Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) components of JNNURM, an official release said.
New Urban infrastructure projects and capacity building activities in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in states and Union Territories (UTs) would be approved till March 31, 2014, it said.
The proposal would enable making provisions for creation of urban infrastructure, particularly in small and medium towns in all states and UTs.
"These projects would be subsumed in the next phase of the JNNURM for the 12th Five Year Plan," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP