Cabinet nod for continuation of JNNURM till March 2014
New Delhi: The government on Thursday decided on continuing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) to sanction new projects till March next year.
The decision was taken by the Union Cabinet at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The new projects and capacity building activities will be under Urban Infrastructure and Governance (UIG) and Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) components of JNNURM, an official release said.
New Urban infrastructure projects and capacity building activities in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in states and Union Territories (UTs) would be approved till March 31, 2014, it said.
The proposal would enable making provisions for creation of urban infrastructure, particularly in small and medium towns in all states and UTs.
"These projects would be subsumed in the next phase of the JNNURM for the 12th Five Year Plan," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report