Cabinet nod for continuation of JNNURM till March 2014
New Delhi: The government on Thursday decided on continuing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) to sanction new projects till March next year.
The decision was taken by the Union Cabinet at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The new projects and capacity building activities will be under Urban Infrastructure and Governance (UIG) and Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) components of JNNURM, an official release said.
New Urban infrastructure projects and capacity building activities in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in states and Union Territories (UTs) would be approved till March 31, 2014, it said.
The proposal would enable making provisions for creation of urban infrastructure, particularly in small and medium towns in all states and UTs.
"These projects would be subsumed in the next phase of the JNNURM for the 12th Five Year Plan," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!