Cabinet nod for continuation of JNNURM till March 2014
New Delhi: The government on Thursday decided on continuing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) to sanction new projects till March next year.
The decision was taken by the Union Cabinet at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The new projects and capacity building activities will be under Urban Infrastructure and Governance (UIG) and Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) components of JNNURM, an official release said.
New Urban infrastructure projects and capacity building activities in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in states and Union Territories (UTs) would be approved till March 31, 2014, it said.
The proposal would enable making provisions for creation of urban infrastructure, particularly in small and medium towns in all states and UTs.
"These projects would be subsumed in the next phase of the JNNURM for the 12th Five Year Plan," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town