Cabinet nod for continuation of JNNURM till March 2014
New Delhi: The government on Thursday decided on continuing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) to sanction new projects till March next year.
The decision was taken by the Union Cabinet at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The new projects and capacity building activities will be under Urban Infrastructure and Governance (UIG) and Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) components of JNNURM, an official release said.
New Urban infrastructure projects and capacity building activities in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in states and Union Territories (UTs) would be approved till March 31, 2014, it said.
The proposal would enable making provisions for creation of urban infrastructure, particularly in small and medium towns in all states and UTs.
"These projects would be subsumed in the next phase of the JNNURM for the 12th Five Year Plan," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP
- Harshvardhan is more hardworking than me which is very surprising, says Anil Kapoor
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors