Cabinet nod to judicial appointments panel
New Delhi: The Cabinet on Thursday approved a constitution amendment bill to make the appointment of judges more transparent, official sources said.
A Cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh approved the bill to make the process of appointing judges more participatory between the executive and the judiciary.
This will be done through a judicial appointments panel.
The bill, a key judicial reform initiative, will be brought in the next session of parliament, said the sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan