Cabinet nod to judicial appointments panel
New Delhi: The Cabinet on Thursday approved a constitution amendment bill to make the appointment of judges more transparent, official sources said.
A Cabinet meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh approved the bill to make the process of appointing judges more participatory between the executive and the judiciary.
This will be done through a judicial appointments panel.
The bill, a key judicial reform initiative, will be brought in the next session of parliament, said the sources.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why