Cabinet reshuffle at 11.30 am on Sunday
New Delhi: The keenly-awaited cabinet reshuffle is scheduled at 11.30 am on Sunday.
"The swearing-in (of the new ministers) is due at 11.30 am," a Rashtrapati Bhavan official told a news agency.
The much-talked about cabinet rejig, necessitated by the exit of six Trinamool Congress ministers in September, is likely to see some new faces, including from the Bengal Congress, joining the UPA ministry.
Some ministers holding more than one portfolio are expected to be relieved, while some ministers of state are expected to be given cabinet rank.
There has been talk of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi joining the ministry or playing a more important role in the party set up with general elections due in 2014 and many state polls scheduled before that.
On Friday, SM Krishna quit as external affairs minister to make way for "younger blood". Ambika Soni has stepped down as information and broadcasting minister while Subodh Kant Sahai has also quit as tourism minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi