Cabinet reshuffle at 11.30 am on Sunday
New Delhi: The keenly-awaited cabinet reshuffle is scheduled at 11.30 am on Sunday.
"The swearing-in (of the new ministers) is due at 11.30 am," a Rashtrapati Bhavan official told a news agency.
The much-talked about cabinet rejig, necessitated by the exit of six Trinamool Congress ministers in September, is likely to see some new faces, including from the Bengal Congress, joining the UPA ministry.
Some ministers holding more than one portfolio are expected to be relieved, while some ministers of state are expected to be given cabinet rank.
There has been talk of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi joining the ministry or playing a more important role in the party set up with general elections due in 2014 and many state polls scheduled before that.
On Friday, SM Krishna quit as external affairs minister to make way for "younger blood". Ambika Soni has stepped down as information and broadcasting minister while Subodh Kant Sahai has also quit as tourism minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars