Cabinet reshuffle at 11.30 am on Sunday
New Delhi: The keenly-awaited cabinet reshuffle is scheduled at 11.30 am on Sunday.
"The swearing-in (of the new ministers) is due at 11.30 am," a Rashtrapati Bhavan official told a news agency.
The much-talked about cabinet rejig, necessitated by the exit of six Trinamool Congress ministers in September, is likely to see some new faces, including from the Bengal Congress, joining the UPA ministry.
Some ministers holding more than one portfolio are expected to be relieved, while some ministers of state are expected to be given cabinet rank.
There has been talk of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi joining the ministry or playing a more important role in the party set up with general elections due in 2014 and many state polls scheduled before that.
On Friday, SM Krishna quit as external affairs minister to make way for "younger blood". Ambika Soni has stepped down as information and broadcasting minister while Subodh Kant Sahai has also quit as tourism minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief