Cabinet reshuffle likely on Oct 28: Sources
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet is likely to be reshuffled on Sunday (October 28).
Speculation has been rife about a possible reshuffle in the wake of the exit of Trinamool Congress ministers and DMK representatives A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran in the last two years.
Reports of an eminent reshuffle gained fresh momentum after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi met President Pranab Mukherjee separately recently.
Rumors abound that some young faces could be included in the Cabinet.
The names of Manicka Tagore and Meenakshi Natarajan are doing the rounds.
Among the young ministers, Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Jitin Prasada may get promoted to Cabinet rank or get independent charge as Ministers of State.
The latest reshuffle exercise could see some of the ministers holding charges of two ministries losing one of the portfolios.
With six ministers from the Trinamool Congress leaving, two or three Congress leaders from West Bengal are expected to be accommodated.
The names of Deepa Dashmunshi, Adhir Choudhury and West Bengal PCC chief Pradeep Bhatacharjee are doing the rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand