Cabinet reshuffle likely on Oct 28: Sources
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet is likely to be reshuffled on Sunday (October 28).
Speculation has been rife about a possible reshuffle in the wake of the exit of Trinamool Congress ministers and DMK representatives A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran in the last two years.
Reports of an eminent reshuffle gained fresh momentum after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi met President Pranab Mukherjee separately recently.
Rumors abound that some young faces could be included in the Cabinet.
The names of Manicka Tagore and Meenakshi Natarajan are doing the rounds.
Among the young ministers, Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Jitin Prasada may get promoted to Cabinet rank or get independent charge as Ministers of State.
The latest reshuffle exercise could see some of the ministers holding charges of two ministries losing one of the portfolios.
With six ministers from the Trinamool Congress leaving, two or three Congress leaders from West Bengal are expected to be accommodated.
The names of Deepa Dashmunshi, Adhir Choudhury and West Bengal PCC chief Pradeep Bhatacharjee are doing the rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore