Cabinet reshuffle pathetic: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday described the minor Cabinet reshuffle as "pathetic" and questioned the credibility and competence of new Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"This change is pathetic. It is a clear case of talent deficit. P Chidambaram`s role has been questionable as the Finance Minister. There are allegations against his family," BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, adding that the UPA lacks the commitment for change.
Alleging that "good governance" is not on the agenda of the Congress-led UPA, Prasad took a dig at Shinde saying that it is ironical that the former Union Power Minister has been moved to Home Ministry on a day when grid failures were reported in the country.
In a minor reshuffle, Chidambaram was today made the Union Finance Minister, while Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily was given the additional charge of Power Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Are you or people around you happy or sad? Twitter has the answer!
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates