Cabinet reshuffle pathetic: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday described the minor Cabinet reshuffle as "pathetic" and questioned the credibility and competence of new Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"This change is pathetic. It is a clear case of talent deficit. P Chidambaram`s role has been questionable as the Finance Minister. There are allegations against his family," BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, adding that the UPA lacks the commitment for change.
Alleging that "good governance" is not on the agenda of the Congress-led UPA, Prasad took a dig at Shinde saying that it is ironical that the former Union Power Minister has been moved to Home Ministry on a day when grid failures were reported in the country.
In a minor reshuffle, Chidambaram was today made the Union Finance Minister, while Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily was given the additional charge of Power Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown