Cabinet reshuffle pathetic: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday described the minor Cabinet reshuffle as "pathetic" and questioned the credibility and competence of new Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"This change is pathetic. It is a clear case of talent deficit. P Chidambaram`s role has been questionable as the Finance Minister. There are allegations against his family," BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, adding that the UPA lacks the commitment for change.
Alleging that "good governance" is not on the agenda of the Congress-led UPA, Prasad took a dig at Shinde saying that it is ironical that the former Union Power Minister has been moved to Home Ministry on a day when grid failures were reported in the country.
In a minor reshuffle, Chidambaram was today made the Union Finance Minister, while Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily was given the additional charge of Power Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!