Cabinet reshuffle pathetic: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday described the minor Cabinet reshuffle as "pathetic" and questioned the credibility and competence of new Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"This change is pathetic. It is a clear case of talent deficit. P Chidambaram`s role has been questionable as the Finance Minister. There are allegations against his family," BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, adding that the UPA lacks the commitment for change.
Alleging that "good governance" is not on the agenda of the Congress-led UPA, Prasad took a dig at Shinde saying that it is ironical that the former Union Power Minister has been moved to Home Ministry on a day when grid failures were reported in the country.
In a minor reshuffle, Chidambaram was today made the Union Finance Minister, while Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily was given the additional charge of Power Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list