`Cabinet reshuffle postponed till Oct 14`
New Delhi: Faced with intense criticism from within the party and its allies, the UPA government has postponed the proposed reshuffle of the United Cabinet till mid October in view of the stalemate over the key policy decisions taken by it recently.
Congress sources on Thursday claimed that the Union Cabinet reshuffle, which was expected to take place this week, will now take place after October 14.
The reshuffle was necessitated after key UPA ally, the Trinamool Congress (TMC), walked out and withdrew its support to the Congress-led coalition government.
The unexpected exit of the TMC ministers from the UPA government has created many vacancies, which are likely to be filled after intense deliberation on the issue.
Railways is one of those key ministries, which the ruling congress would like to retain with itself.
After the resignation of TMC leader Mukul Roy as Railway Minister, Union Minister CP Joshi has been given the additional charge of the ministry
Sources also claim that next reshuffle in the Union Council of Ministers in the Manmohan Singh government will possibly witness a change in the top four ministries - Home, Finance, Defence and External Affairs.
Although it’s not clear who will take charge of these ministries, it is almost cetain that the portfolios of Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde will not be changed.
Several key portfolios in the Union Cabinet have been lying vacant since Mamata Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress, which has 19 MPs in the Lok Sabha, quit the UPA last week.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India