Cabinet reshuffle: Rahul meets Prime Minister
New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi met President Pranab Mukherjee, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday and is likely to head to Rashtrapati Bhavan amid talks of an impending cabinet reshuffle.
Rahul meeting the Prime Minister and seeking time with the President is important as it comes amid reports that he will take up greater responsibilities in the affairs of the party. Refusing to divulge what was discussed,the Congress party sources declared it as a"routine meeting".
As per reports, the cabinet reshuffle that is likely to take place as early as next Friday.
As part of the reshuffle, sources in the Congress party said that the induction will be largely from the party and some new faces close to Rahul Gandhi may get a place in the cabinet.
Some of the young ministers like Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Jitin Prasada may get promoted to Cabinet rank or get independent charge as Minister of State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test