Cabinet reshuffle `unconstitutional`: TMC leader
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress leader Subrata Mukherjee on Sunday said today`s Union cabinet reshuffle should have been undertaken by the government after proving its strength in Parliament following TMC`s withdrawal of support.
The TMC vice-president and state minister told reporters that "unclean" ministers were chosen by the Centre to "disturb" peace in West Bengal.
"This government was formed by our support and after we withdrew, why did they go for a reshuffle without proving strength in the House? Mayawati and Mulayam are giving outside support. On that basis one can clear bills, but for forming a government a written support is needed," he felt.
He alleged the reshuffle is "unconstitutional and unethical" as no other party has given a written letter of support to the UPA.
Attacking Congress leaders Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and Abu Hasem Khan Choudhury, who were made ministers today, Mukherjee said, "On one side, they are saying that they want to establish a clean government while on the other they have selected such unclean ministers. It is done with an intent to disturb peace in West Bengal."
He reminded that a CID enquiry is going on against Dasmunshi in a case of disappearance of theatre artist Biman Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das