Cabinet resolution on Telangana within 20 days: Shinde
New Delhi: Taking forward the decision on creation of Telangana, the Home Ministry hopes to present in the next 20 days a Cabinet note for initiating the process of carving out a new state.
"We are preparing a note to pass a resolution in the Cabinet. After we finalise the note, it will be sent to the Law Ministry for legal vetting. I hope the note will be presented before the Cabinet within 20 days," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters here on Monday.
The Cabinet, after giving its approval for creation of Telangana, is expected to set up a Group of Ministers (GoM) to go threadbare into issues arising out of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
This is likely to be followed by a resolution being sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly over the formation of the new state.
After formation, Telangana will be 29th state of India.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament is witnessing strong protests by both Congress and TDP MPs from the Seemandhra region seeking "justice" and opposing any division of Andhra Pradesh.
The protests had repeatedly paralysed proceedings in the Lok Sabha and led to the suspension of 12 members belonging to both Congress and TDP.
An AICC committee headed by senior leader and Defence Minister AK Antony and comprising M Veerappa Moily and Ahmed Patel is hearing concerns of all stakeholders in the wake of the Congress Working Committee decision to have separate Telangana.
The CWC, which met on July 30, passed a resolution requesting the Centre "to take steps in accordance with the Constitution to form a separate state of Telangana ... Within a definite timeframe".
The CWC also recommended to the government that Hyderabad should be made the joint capital for a period of 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender