Cabinet resolution on Telangana within 20 days: Shinde
New Delhi: Taking forward the decision on creation of Telangana, the Home Ministry hopes to present in the next 20 days a Cabinet note for initiating the process of carving out a new state.
"We are preparing a note to pass a resolution in the Cabinet. After we finalise the note, it will be sent to the Law Ministry for legal vetting. I hope the note will be presented before the Cabinet within 20 days," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters here on Monday.
The Cabinet, after giving its approval for creation of Telangana, is expected to set up a Group of Ministers (GoM) to go threadbare into issues arising out of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
This is likely to be followed by a resolution being sent to the Andhra Pradesh Assembly over the formation of the new state.
After formation, Telangana will be 29th state of India.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament is witnessing strong protests by both Congress and TDP MPs from the Seemandhra region seeking "justice" and opposing any division of Andhra Pradesh.
The protests had repeatedly paralysed proceedings in the Lok Sabha and led to the suspension of 12 members belonging to both Congress and TDP.
An AICC committee headed by senior leader and Defence Minister AK Antony and comprising M Veerappa Moily and Ahmed Patel is hearing concerns of all stakeholders in the wake of the Congress Working Committee decision to have separate Telangana.
The CWC, which met on July 30, passed a resolution requesting the Centre "to take steps in accordance with the Constitution to form a separate state of Telangana ... Within a definite timeframe".
The CWC also recommended to the government that Hyderabad should be made the joint capital for a period of 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why