Cabinet Secretary may get another extension
New Delhi: Cabinet Secretary K M Chadrasekhar
is likely to get an extension of one more year.
Papers in this regard have already moved to competent
authorities for approval, official sources said.
The extension, if materialises, would mean end of race for
1972 and 1973 batch IAS officers for the post of the top
bureaucrat of the country.
Three bureaucrats - 1972-batch Kerala cadre officer M
Ramachandran handling charge of Urban Development Secretary,
1973-batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer Ashok Chawla who is
Secretary Finance and 1973-batch Kerala cadre IAS officer P J
Thomas who is Secretary, Telecommunication - were in the race
for the post, sources said.
Ramachandran will be retiring from service next month
while Chawla and Thomas will be retiring in January 2011.
62-year-old Chandrasekhar is a 1970-batch Kerala cadre IAS
officer who assumed the charge of the post in 2007 for the
term of two years. He was given a one-year extension in June
last year as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list