Cabinet to discuss Union Carbide waste disposal
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet may take up on Tuesday a proposal to dispose of 350 tonnes of toxic waste of the Union Carbide factory in Bhopal.
The Group of Ministers (GoM) on the Bhopal gas tragedy chaired by Home Minister P Chidambaram had recommended to airlift 350 tonnes of toxic waste from the Union Carbide factory for safe disposal in Germany.
The Centre is expected to pay Rs 25 crore towards air lifting charges of the toxic waste. The disposal of the toxic waste is expected to be completed within a year.
The Madhya Pradesh government has struck a deal with a German company for the safe disposal of the toxic waste after states like Maharashtra refused to do so at a facility near Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL