Cabinet to meet over proroguing Winter Session
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet is expected to meet shortly on Friday to consider recommending to the President proroguing the Winter Session of Parliament after extended Winter Session of Parliament got over last night without the passage of the Lokpal Bill.
Meanwhile, Parliamentary Standing Committee is scheduled to meet today evening to chalk out a future strategy on the Lokpal Bill.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned sine die last night after government said that it needs time to study the nearly 200 amendments moved by the Opposition on the Lokpal Bill.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bil, 2011 was "alive" and will remain on the Rajya Sabha register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city