Cabinet to meet over proroguing Winter Session
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet is expected to meet shortly on Friday to consider recommending to the President proroguing the Winter Session of Parliament after extended Winter Session of Parliament got over last night without the passage of the Lokpal Bill.
Meanwhile, Parliamentary Standing Committee is scheduled to meet today evening to chalk out a future strategy on the Lokpal Bill.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned sine die last night after government said that it needs time to study the nearly 200 amendments moved by the Opposition on the Lokpal Bill.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bil, 2011 was "alive" and will remain on the Rajya Sabha register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents