Cabinet to meet over proroguing Winter Session
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet is expected to meet shortly on Friday to consider recommending to the President proroguing the Winter Session of Parliament after extended Winter Session of Parliament got over last night without the passage of the Lokpal Bill.
Meanwhile, Parliamentary Standing Committee is scheduled to meet today evening to chalk out a future strategy on the Lokpal Bill.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned sine die last night after government said that it needs time to study the nearly 200 amendments moved by the Opposition on the Lokpal Bill.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bil, 2011 was "alive" and will remain on the Rajya Sabha register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi