CAG as a constitutional body can`t be ignored: Jairam Ramesh
Bhopal: The Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) was a constitutional body which cannot be overlooked, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh said here on Friday.
In an interaction with reporters, the minister for Panchayat and Rural Development said he was not talking about the present CAG Vinod Rai, but was talking about the institution itself.
Ramesh said that last year he had himself gone to the CAG and sought an audit of programmes conducted by his ministry.
He said that this year, the CAG would look into the MNREGA, next year into the Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana and the year after that into the Prime Minister`s Grameen Sadak Yojana.
Earlier in the day, he met Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to discuss various schemes being implemented in the state.
He said that there would be no shortage of funds for implementing various schemes.
Under a central government scheme starting from January 1 next year, money would be given directly to beneficiaries, the Minister said.
The scheme would initially be implemented in 51 districts and based on the experience there, would be extended to other districts, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what