CAG auditing AgustaWestland helicopter deal, report soon: Vinod Rai
Mumbai: Amid the storm over alleged kickbacks in the AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal, Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod Rai on Friday said an audit of the controversial deal is under progress and a report would be released soon.
"CAG conducts audit of the defence ministry and we have done it in this case (AgustaWestland deal) too. It will come to your notice very soon. We are conducting the audit", he said during a question-answer session on the deal at a bankers symposium here.
On the status of the audit report in the Rs 3,600 crore deal, Rai said, "audit is under progress but don`t know when it will be completed. I am not aware about the stage of audit".
It is alleged that kickbacks to the tune of Rs 362 crore were paid to bag the contract.
Referring to the spate of corruption issues, Rai said that things have changed and the silent majority can no more be bullied by the minority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- BSF constable stabs colleague, flees with LMG, over 10 magazines in Jammu
- China slaps EU, Japan, South Korea with steel duties
- No ASEAN consensus on South China Sea row for now
- Unidentified militants shoot dead Trinamool worker in West Bengal
- Is it fair to be told your car just turned scrap: Maruti chief RC Bhargava