CAG did not indict me: Sheila
Three weeks after being slammed
by CAG for alleged irregularities in certain CWG projects,
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday questioned the
findings of the report and claimed she was not indicted by the
The CLP meeting was called to finalise strategies for the
monsoon session of Delhi Assembly beginning Monday as BJP is
set to corner the government on the CAG report.
"Everybody knows what are the myths about the CAG report
and what are the real truths," Dikshit said, claiming CAG had
even clarified that she was not indicted by the auditor.
"The CAG had in the press conference (on Aug 5) denied
that there was any (indictment) of the Chief Minister," she
Dikshit said all the party MLAs were given a presentation
so that they can better defend the government in the assembly
session if BJP raises the CAG report.
The aim of the presentation was to make them
understand the CAG report, sources said.
BJP has been demanding Dikshit`s resignation following
the CAG report and has accused Congress of "maintaining
double standards and going on the overdrive to save her".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?