CAG did not indict me: Sheila
Three weeks after being slammed
by CAG for alleged irregularities in certain CWG projects,
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday questioned the
findings of the report and claimed she was not indicted by the
The CLP meeting was called to finalise strategies for the
monsoon session of Delhi Assembly beginning Monday as BJP is
set to corner the government on the CAG report.
"Everybody knows what are the myths about the CAG report
and what are the real truths," Dikshit said, claiming CAG had
even clarified that she was not indicted by the auditor.
"The CAG had in the press conference (on Aug 5) denied
that there was any (indictment) of the Chief Minister," she
Dikshit said all the party MLAs were given a presentation
so that they can better defend the government in the assembly
session if BJP raises the CAG report.
The aim of the presentation was to make them
understand the CAG report, sources said.
BJP has been demanding Dikshit`s resignation following
the CAG report and has accused Congress of "maintaining
double standards and going on the overdrive to save her".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'