CAG did not indict me: Sheila
Three weeks after being slammed
by CAG for alleged irregularities in certain CWG projects,
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday questioned the
findings of the report and claimed she was not indicted by the
The CLP meeting was called to finalise strategies for the
monsoon session of Delhi Assembly beginning Monday as BJP is
set to corner the government on the CAG report.
"Everybody knows what are the myths about the CAG report
and what are the real truths," Dikshit said, claiming CAG had
even clarified that she was not indicted by the auditor.
"The CAG had in the press conference (on Aug 5) denied
that there was any (indictment) of the Chief Minister," she
Dikshit said all the party MLAs were given a presentation
so that they can better defend the government in the assembly
session if BJP raises the CAG report.
The aim of the presentation was to make them
understand the CAG report, sources said.
BJP has been demanding Dikshit`s resignation following
the CAG report and has accused Congress of "maintaining
double standards and going on the overdrive to save her".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes