CAG did not indict me: Sheila
Three weeks after being slammed
by CAG for alleged irregularities in certain CWG projects,
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday questioned the
findings of the report and claimed she was not indicted by the
The CLP meeting was called to finalise strategies for the
monsoon session of Delhi Assembly beginning Monday as BJP is
set to corner the government on the CAG report.
"Everybody knows what are the myths about the CAG report
and what are the real truths," Dikshit said, claiming CAG had
even clarified that she was not indicted by the auditor.
"The CAG had in the press conference (on Aug 5) denied
that there was any (indictment) of the Chief Minister," she
Dikshit said all the party MLAs were given a presentation
so that they can better defend the government in the assembly
session if BJP raises the CAG report.
The aim of the presentation was to make them
understand the CAG report, sources said.
BJP has been demanding Dikshit`s resignation following
the CAG report and has accused Congress of "maintaining
double standards and going on the overdrive to save her".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents