CAG did not indict me: Sheila
Three weeks after being slammed
by CAG for alleged irregularities in certain CWG projects,
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday questioned the
findings of the report and claimed she was not indicted by the
The CLP meeting was called to finalise strategies for the
monsoon session of Delhi Assembly beginning Monday as BJP is
set to corner the government on the CAG report.
"Everybody knows what are the myths about the CAG report
and what are the real truths," Dikshit said, claiming CAG had
even clarified that she was not indicted by the auditor.
"The CAG had in the press conference (on Aug 5) denied
that there was any (indictment) of the Chief Minister," she
Dikshit said all the party MLAs were given a presentation
so that they can better defend the government in the assembly
session if BJP raises the CAG report.
The aim of the presentation was to make them
understand the CAG report, sources said.
BJP has been demanding Dikshit`s resignation following
the CAG report and has accused Congress of "maintaining
double standards and going on the overdrive to save her".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre