CAG mining report is not final: PMO sources
New Delhi: With the political temperature set to rise over the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) draft report which claimed that faulty coal mining policy had caused a loss of Rs 10.67 lakh crore to the exchequer, the Prime Minister’s Office has come out in defence of the government.
Sources in the PMO told Zee News that the CAG report is only in its draft stage and the final report is still awaited.
Clearly, the PMO is against arriving at conclusions before the final picture gets clear.
PMO’s concern is understandable given the fact that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had himself overseen the Ministry of Coal for some duration between 2004 and 2009 – when the loss was caused as per the CAG.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij