`CAG officer on 2G was offered foreign posting`
New Delhi: A former lead auditor involved in the CAG`s report on 2G scam on Tuesday told a Parliamentary panel that his immediate superiors had asked him to recommend the name of a field officer, assigned to collect data for the report, for a foreign posting.
Deposing before the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G, former DG, Audit (Post and Telecom) R P Singh said that his immediate bosses had asked him to suggest the name of field officer Rajendra Kumar for a posting abroad.
Rajendra Kumar is learnt to have done most of the legwork to prepare the report.
After the meeting, some Congress members dubbed the recommendation as an "allurement".
Singh also claimed that while the loss figure calculated by him was Rs 36000 crore, the CAG final report mentioned Rs 1.76 lakh crore as presumptive loss.
In response to a volley of questions as to why did he not report his disagreement on the issue of presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore, Singh said though he had met CAG Vinod Rai several times during the preparation of the report and even before its finalisation, he did not get a chance to "reveal" his mind on the issue.
He, however, added that he had expressed his disagreement in writing to his immediate superiors, Deputy CAG Rekha Gupta (now retired) and R B Sinha.
Singh told the panel that PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi had interacted with CAG officials on 2G spectrum report and discussed the loss figure with them.
Singh said he had met Joshi at his residence and during his interaction with CAG officials the loss figure had come up.
Joshi has dismissed allegations that he tried to influence
the outcome of the 2G report, saying these were aimed at maligning the institutions of CAG and PAC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah