`CAG officer on 2G was offered foreign posting`
New Delhi: A former lead auditor involved in the CAG`s report on 2G scam on Tuesday told a Parliamentary panel that his immediate superiors had asked him to recommend the name of a field officer, assigned to collect data for the report, for a foreign posting.
Deposing before the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G, former DG, Audit (Post and Telecom) R P Singh said that his immediate bosses had asked him to suggest the name of field officer Rajendra Kumar for a posting abroad.
Rajendra Kumar is learnt to have done most of the legwork to prepare the report.
After the meeting, some Congress members dubbed the recommendation as an "allurement".
Singh also claimed that while the loss figure calculated by him was Rs 36000 crore, the CAG final report mentioned Rs 1.76 lakh crore as presumptive loss.
In response to a volley of questions as to why did he not report his disagreement on the issue of presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore, Singh said though he had met CAG Vinod Rai several times during the preparation of the report and even before its finalisation, he did not get a chance to "reveal" his mind on the issue.
He, however, added that he had expressed his disagreement in writing to his immediate superiors, Deputy CAG Rekha Gupta (now retired) and R B Sinha.
Singh told the panel that PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi had interacted with CAG officials on 2G spectrum report and discussed the loss figure with them.
Singh said he had met Joshi at his residence and during his interaction with CAG officials the loss figure had come up.
Joshi has dismissed allegations that he tried to influence
the outcome of the 2G report, saying these were aimed at maligning the institutions of CAG and PAC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital