CAG posts educational record of Vinod Rai on websites
New Delhi: The office Comptroller and Auditor General has made public the educational record of present incumbent Vinod Rai after a controversy regarding his missing service records hit media headlines.
The CAG office has posted on its website only two documents -- matriculation certificate and appointment letter as Comptroller and Auditor General.
"There have been recent media reports about the personal particulars of Shri Vinod Rai, C and AG of India. The copy of personal records Shri Vinod Rai, C and AG of India as available in the office...," CAG office wrote on its web site.
Lucknow-based journalist Arvind Shukla had sought from the Department of Personnel and Training the service records of Rai which included certificate of selection in the Indian Administrative Service, appointment letter and educational records.
Responding to the queries, the Department of Personnel and Training said the files sought were not traceable.
Regarding Rai`s appointment as the Comptroller and Auditor General, the application was transferred to CAG office for reply which posted the details on web site.
The Ministry, while replying to his query, seeking high school and date of birth certificate, said, "The UPSC application dossier of Vinod Rai, IAS (KL:1972) is not traceable. Hence, the information sought for by you is not materially available with the undersigned."
A similar reply was given to the journalist`s queries regarding service records of 64-year-old Rai, who has hogged media headlines after CAG reports on 2G Telecom spectrum allocation, coal block allocation, Delhi Airport and Commonwealth Games indicated serious irregularities.
The journalist was advised by Department of Personnel to contact the Kerala Government with regard to queries on his retirement from the service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3