CAG receives pat from US counterpart
New Delhi: Government auditor CAG, which
recently conducted some of the controversial audits unearthing
scams like 2G, on Monday received accolades from its US
counterpart for professionalism in India`s top institution.
The Comptroller General of the United States of America,
Government Accountability Office (GAO) Gene Dodaro met CAG
Vinod Rai and complimented him for training and infrastructure
of India`s Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
A CAG statement said, Dodaro "was appreciative of the
Indian CAG`s efforts to train its own officers and the
infrastructure set up for facilitating the same."
He said that the professionalism of officers of the
Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS) "is rated very high
Besides, Dodaro lauded the contribution of IA&AS
for upgrading the professional knowledge and awareness amongst
the professional audit bodies globally.
The CAG recently conducted several high profile audits
including those relating to 2G spectrum allocation of 2008
which it said had caused a Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss to the
Besides the official auditor has also come out with
performance audits of the Hydrocarbon Production Sharing
Contracts in the KG basin and questioned merger of Air India
and Indian Airlines.
It also termed the Civil Aviation Ministry`s decision to
acquire 111 planes for Air India through debt "a recipe for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'