CAG Vinod Rai does not meet entities being audited
New Delhi: The Comptroller and Auditor General on Thursday said CAG Vinod Rai does not meet the representatives of entities while their audit is in progress.
"CAG does not meet representatives of audited entities when their audit is in progress. Neither was any meeting scheduled by CAG with RIL officials nor had any meeting been sought by them," CAG said in a statement.
The statement was issued in the wake of media reports suggesting that CAG had refused to meet the officials of Reliance Industries (RIL).
The issue deals with the audit of expenditures incurred for the developing gas fields in the Krishna-Godavari (KG) Basin.
The CAG statement further said it is competent to conduct performance audit of Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs) under Section 16 of the CAG`s (DPC) Act.
"It has been the consistent stand of CAG that performance audit of PSCs is covered under section 16 of the CAG`s (DPC) Act as Profit Petroleum is non-tax revenue credited to the Consolidated Fund of India and such audit would involve examination of all records including those of the operator which are relevant to our audit.
"This provision of CAG`s (DPC) Act gives CAG the unfettered right of access to all records required for such audit and would override any conditions sought to be imposed on our audit process," the statement said.
The Principal Audit Office, it added, was in regular touch with the Petroleum Ministry for commencing the audit.
The CAG, however, also clarified that it does not conduct performance audit of private operators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city