CAG Vinod Rai to head UN external audit panel
New Delhi: Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai has been elected the Chairman of the United Nations` panel of external auditors.
The panel of independent external auditors carries out audits and reports periodically on the accounts and management operations of the United Nations, specialised agencies like WHO, WFP and WIPO and the International Atomic Energy Agency, the CAG said in a statement today.
Rai succeeds Norbert Hauser, who is the vice-president of the Federal Court of Auditors, Germany.
In addition, CAG Director General Jagbans Singh has been elected the chairman of the Technical Group of the panel.
The panel, which was formed through a resolution by the General Assembly in 1959, comprises individual external auditors who are the heads of supreme audit institutions of various countries.
The panel members share experiences and methodologies on an ongoing basis to ensure uniformity of external audit practices throughout the United Nations system to the extent possible.
Much of the panel`s work is undertaken by the Technical Group, which is mandated to research and review specific topics of interest to the panel.
The Technical Group reports to the panel on the topics reviewed and its recommendations at regular meetings of the independent audit body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17