CAG Vinod Rai to head UN external audit panel
New Delhi: Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai has been elected the Chairman of the United Nations` panel of external auditors.
The panel of independent external auditors carries out audits and reports periodically on the accounts and management operations of the United Nations, specialised agencies like WHO, WFP and WIPO and the International Atomic Energy Agency, the CAG said in a statement today.
Rai succeeds Norbert Hauser, who is the vice-president of the Federal Court of Auditors, Germany.
In addition, CAG Director General Jagbans Singh has been elected the chairman of the Technical Group of the panel.
The panel, which was formed through a resolution by the General Assembly in 1959, comprises individual external auditors who are the heads of supreme audit institutions of various countries.
The panel members share experiences and methodologies on an ongoing basis to ensure uniformity of external audit practices throughout the United Nations system to the extent possible.
Much of the panel`s work is undertaken by the Technical Group, which is mandated to research and review specific topics of interest to the panel.
The Technical Group reports to the panel on the topics reviewed and its recommendations at regular meetings of the independent audit body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday