CAG Vinod Rai to head UN external audit panel
New Delhi: Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai has been elected the Chairman of the United Nations` panel of external auditors.
The panel of independent external auditors carries out audits and reports periodically on the accounts and management operations of the United Nations, specialised agencies like WHO, WFP and WIPO and the International Atomic Energy Agency, the CAG said in a statement today.
Rai succeeds Norbert Hauser, who is the vice-president of the Federal Court of Auditors, Germany.
In addition, CAG Director General Jagbans Singh has been elected the chairman of the Technical Group of the panel.
The panel, which was formed through a resolution by the General Assembly in 1959, comprises individual external auditors who are the heads of supreme audit institutions of various countries.
The panel members share experiences and methodologies on an ongoing basis to ensure uniformity of external audit practices throughout the United Nations system to the extent possible.
Much of the panel`s work is undertaken by the Technical Group, which is mandated to research and review specific topics of interest to the panel.
The Technical Group reports to the panel on the topics reviewed and its recommendations at regular meetings of the independent audit body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read