CAG Vinod Rai to head UN external audit panel
New Delhi: Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai has been elected the Chairman of the United Nations` panel of external auditors.
The panel of independent external auditors carries out audits and reports periodically on the accounts and management operations of the United Nations, specialised agencies like WHO, WFP and WIPO and the International Atomic Energy Agency, the CAG said in a statement today.
Rai succeeds Norbert Hauser, who is the vice-president of the Federal Court of Auditors, Germany.
In addition, CAG Director General Jagbans Singh has been elected the chairman of the Technical Group of the panel.
The panel, which was formed through a resolution by the General Assembly in 1959, comprises individual external auditors who are the heads of supreme audit institutions of various countries.
The panel members share experiences and methodologies on an ongoing basis to ensure uniformity of external audit practices throughout the United Nations system to the extent possible.
Much of the panel`s work is undertaken by the Technical Group, which is mandated to research and review specific topics of interest to the panel.
The Technical Group reports to the panel on the topics reviewed and its recommendations at regular meetings of the independent audit body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative