CAG`s remarks apply to himself also: Tewari
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday said CAG Vinod Rai`s remarks that there was a "brazenness" with which decisions were taken apply to him as he had been a part of the same government.
"As I understand it, the CAG contextualised his remarks by praising the transparency regime which the Right to Information has ushered in and it has come of age in the past eight years," Information and Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari said here.
"Having said that, if he talks about brazenness in decision-making and it refers to the time period of this particular government, I think it would be worth its while to recall that he (Rai) was part of the same government from 2004 to 2008," Tewari added.
Tewari said since the CAG himself had been a part of the government, Rai’s criticism applied to his own tenure as well.
"So, I guess that when he talks about brazenness, that paradigm equally applies across the board to everybody who is a part of the government," the I&B minister said.
Earlier in Gurgaon, the CAG had deprecated what he referred as the "brazenness" with which the decisions were being taken, calling it "appalling".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145