Call centre directors chargesheeted for `defrauding` Britons
New Delhi: Three persons including two call centre directors have been charge sheeted by the Delhi Police for allegedly cheating UK citizens online.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police charge sheeted Yasheen Nagpal and Rajat Bhayana, the directors of call centre Max Infotech and their co-accused Saurabh Gupta, a free lancer in providing data of UK citizens, for allegedly cheating and hatching criminal conspiracy under the IPC and also under the provisions of the Information Technology Act.
In a voluminous charge sheet filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash, police said the trio was arrested on a complaint by the British High Commission here in September that Serious Organised Crime Agency of the UK has written to them regarding online fraud being conducted from India with UK citizens.
The complaint said some people in India are indulging in stealing confidential data regarding disbursement of unsecured loans from banks and financial institutions based at UK and using it to deceive and dishonestly induce UK citizens to part with their money for procuring unsecured loans.
The complaint said some call centres in Delhi were indulging in these activities and on its request the Special Cell deployed informers in West Delhi and North West Delhi.
One of the sources informed that such illegal activities are going on at the office of Max Infotech in Pitampura in North West Delhi and a raid was conducted.
The police said "the employees of the call centre were found making international calls to induce foreign nationals to give `UKASH` vouchers for processing files of their unsecured loans" and arrested Nagpal and Bhayana from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi