Call centre employee `sedated, raped` by colleague
New Delhi: A 28-year-old employee of a call centre was arrested in Delhi on Sunday after his junior colleague accused him of giving her a sedative in cold drink and raping her in west Delhi, the police said.
The 27-year-old victim in her complaint at the Paschim Vihar police station alleged that her colleague Prashant Rana gave her a cold drink spiked with some sedative after they got down from their call centre cab late Friday near her house in Jwala Hedi market.
The victim hails from Uttrakhand and is putting up in a rented accommodation. Rana lives in the nearby area of Budh Vihar.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Delhi) Sharad Aggarwal told reporters that the victim approached them late Saturday with a complaint that she was raped by her colleague Rana.
"We took her for a medical examination at a government hospital, where doctors confirmed the rape," he said.
"She said she did not remember the place where Rana took her and raped her. She said she got up at the unknown place. We have arrested Rana and are interrogating him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports