Call centre employee `sedated, raped` by colleague
New Delhi: A 28-year-old employee of a call centre was arrested in Delhi on Sunday after his junior colleague accused him of giving her a sedative in cold drink and raping her in west Delhi, the police said.
The 27-year-old victim in her complaint at the Paschim Vihar police station alleged that her colleague Prashant Rana gave her a cold drink spiked with some sedative after they got down from their call centre cab late Friday near her house in Jwala Hedi market.
The victim hails from Uttrakhand and is putting up in a rented accommodation. Rana lives in the nearby area of Budh Vihar.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Delhi) Sharad Aggarwal told reporters that the victim approached them late Saturday with a complaint that she was raped by her colleague Rana.
"We took her for a medical examination at a government hospital, where doctors confirmed the rape," he said.
"She said she did not remember the place where Rana took her and raped her. She said she got up at the unknown place. We have arrested Rana and are interrogating him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati