Call centre employee `sedated, raped` by colleague
New Delhi: A 28-year-old employee of a call centre was arrested in Delhi on Sunday after his junior colleague accused him of giving her a sedative in cold drink and raping her in west Delhi, the police said.
The 27-year-old victim in her complaint at the Paschim Vihar police station alleged that her colleague Prashant Rana gave her a cold drink spiked with some sedative after they got down from their call centre cab late Friday near her house in Jwala Hedi market.
The victim hails from Uttrakhand and is putting up in a rented accommodation. Rana lives in the nearby area of Budh Vihar.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Delhi) Sharad Aggarwal told reporters that the victim approached them late Saturday with a complaint that she was raped by her colleague Rana.
"We took her for a medical examination at a government hospital, where doctors confirmed the rape," he said.
"She said she did not remember the place where Rana took her and raped her. She said she got up at the unknown place. We have arrested Rana and are interrogating him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon