Call centre employee `sedated, raped` by colleague
New Delhi: A 28-year-old employee of a call centre was arrested in Delhi on Sunday after his junior colleague accused him of giving her a sedative in cold drink and raping her in west Delhi, the police said.
The 27-year-old victim in her complaint at the Paschim Vihar police station alleged that her colleague Prashant Rana gave her a cold drink spiked with some sedative after they got down from their call centre cab late Friday near her house in Jwala Hedi market.
The victim hails from Uttrakhand and is putting up in a rented accommodation. Rana lives in the nearby area of Budh Vihar.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Delhi) Sharad Aggarwal told reporters that the victim approached them late Saturday with a complaint that she was raped by her colleague Rana.
"We took her for a medical examination at a government hospital, where doctors confirmed the rape," he said.
"She said she did not remember the place where Rana took her and raped her. She said she got up at the unknown place. We have arrested Rana and are interrogating him," he said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar