Call centre employee `sedated, raped` by colleague
New Delhi: A 28-year-old employee of a call centre was arrested in Delhi on Sunday after his junior colleague accused him of giving her a sedative in cold drink and raping her in west Delhi, the police said.
The 27-year-old victim in her complaint at the Paschim Vihar police station alleged that her colleague Prashant Rana gave her a cold drink spiked with some sedative after they got down from their call centre cab late Friday near her house in Jwala Hedi market.
The victim hails from Uttrakhand and is putting up in a rented accommodation. Rana lives in the nearby area of Budh Vihar.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Delhi) Sharad Aggarwal told reporters that the victim approached them late Saturday with a complaint that she was raped by her colleague Rana.
"We took her for a medical examination at a government hospital, where doctors confirmed the rape," he said.
"She said she did not remember the place where Rana took her and raped her. She said she got up at the unknown place. We have arrested Rana and are interrogating him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations